Solutions from Edupoint are designed from the ground up to help your school district get the most out of your valuable technology investment. We have built all of our solutions on a single, centralized database (MS SQL or Oracle) and designed each to be accessed over the Web.
Synergy® Student Information System (SIS) and Synergy® Special Education (SE) are based on Edupoint's Synergy® Technology (ST) platform. The ST toolkit provides for rapid application development on the Microsoft .NET platform. As a result, we can design, develop, and deploy Synergy SIS and Synergy SE applications quickly and efficiently. As a K-12 school district, you can also license ST to develop your own applications and extend the value of your Synergy enterprise solution.
Synergy Technology Overview
ST achieves the essential goal of protecting your data and application software from underlying generational changes to hardware, operating systems, and database management systems. Synergy is the first student information system built on the principle that continued evolution should replace generational change.
In short, Synergy may be the last SIS solution your district will ever have to buy, making it the clear choice for long-term value.
As a true enterprise-level solution, Synergy can scale and extend based on your unique needs, and offers robust auditing and security. With the .NET technology platform, Synergy reduces hardware and systems operating costs over the short and long-term. Fully embracing the precepts of high-quality enterprise level solutions—flexibility, extensibility, scalability, and supportability—Synergy offers:
- Web-based accessibility from anywhere using a web browser.
- Centralized, real-time district data deployed on a single MS SQL or Oracle database.
- Easy maintenance with system upgrades taking minutes rather than hours or days.
- Flexibility, with the ability to customize and define data fields and screens, and instantly deploy updates to the live environment.
- Robust security, with the highest level of data security available, including comprehensive access management (by user, role, screen, tab, or field), transaction auditing, time/day access restrictions, and multiple levels of data access.
- Scalability, with the ability to meet the needs of school districts of all sizes, from smaller localized districts to some of the largest districts in the country.
Investing in ST - A Large District Solution
For school districts with a dedicated IT staff, Synergy Technology provides an advanced suite of developer features allowing you to extend your student information system. ST complements Microsoft.NET’s base web application support, giving your developer the ability to easily create and modify business rules, screens, and reports. This core feature set includes major elements such as database access, security, navigation, a consistent UI and a Graphical User Interface (GUI) designer, an integrated report writer, organizational hierarchy, workflow management, ad hoc query, and many other features. ST offers the implementation of fundamental elements for User Interface (UI), middle-tier business objects, reporting, and data access for web-based applications.
- Transform your vendor relationship from dependency to partnership
- Extend the life span of your applications
- Minimize the programming expertise required to customize forms and reports
- Maximize the value of your investment
- Reduce training costs with a consistent user interface
- Reduce technical support and custom development costs
- Ensure proper completion of processes through workflow management
- Optimize the user experience through an intuitive look and feel
- Facilitate district-wide reporting with a single centralized database
- Minimize and simplify your software and hardware needs with a system requiring only a browser and Adobe Acrobat Reader on workstations
By providing robust out-of-the-box functionality and a highly configurable and customizable architecture, Edupoint solutions provide short-term results and long-term value.