Simplified Student Data Management
The Synergy® Student Information System enables districts to do much more than efficiently and effectively manage all aspects of student data. Synergy empowers every K-12 stakeholder – teachers, principals, counselors, administrators, parents and students – giving them the tools they need to do their part to improve student achievement.
Synergy enables districts to efficiently and effectively manage all aspects of student data – from registration and enrollment to student and family information – with access to the complete picture to help each stakeholder be as proactive and responsible as possible to do their part in the education process.
Powerful and Automated State Reporting
- Registration – online, central and/or site-based registration strategies use a home address to determine school of residence and supports family linking
- Enrollment – provides for an unlimited number of enrollments for a student and tracks school of residence, school of attendance, and concurrent enrollment
- Intra/Inter-District Student Transfer – transfer and import a student’s course history and demographic information directly into Synergy, regardless of a district’s physical location
- Career Planning – create career paths from scratch, defining which courses students need to take to meet requirements necessary for their chosen post-secondary goals
- Health / Immunizations – track, archive, and display health history – including health screening – and alert nurses when medications need to be dispensed
- Emergencies – store unlimited contact information to track all individuals involved in a student’s healthcare plan
- Parent / Guardian – track demographics, communication, and contact information, including information of parental rights
- Discipline – record and track discipline incidents with the ability to link multiple students, staff, witnesses, and non-district personnel to incidents
- Student Groups – link eligibility requirements directly to student groups, enforcing academic, behavioral, health, and attendance requirements – including fees
- Attendance – create and enforce district-defined attendance codes and easily record reasons for absence with the quick entry function
- Special Programs Tracking – track student data necessary for ELL, GATE and FARM programs
- Mobile Access for Administrators – take attendance, view student schedules, and submit discipline incidents from supported mobile devices
- Fees Management – track and manage fees associated with students, courses, activities and more
- Report Writing and Scheduling – choose from more than 290 pre-defined reports – or easily format a custom report to meet district needs – and schedule reports for output and delivery via email or archive to a network path
Edupoint’s team of state reporting experts works closely with State Departments of Education to remain in front of the ever-changing and unique regulatory reporting requirements of each state. Our solutions automate processes, extract accurate data, and deliver data based on required submission guidelines so that your district is always in compliance.
Synergy solves the scheduling challenges of today’s schools and offers complete flexibility – accommodating all schedule types and supporting unlimited courses and sections. With flexible options, Synergy solves the scheduling challenges of today’s schools and districts.
Accurate and Efficient Grade Reporting
- District Course Management – maintained at the district level, the course file allows for the entry and management of unlimited courses
- Mass Scheduling – the base for defining schedule simulations, and allows various schedule options during the master schedule building process
- ClassBoard™ Scheduler – visually modify a master schedule with Drag & Drop functionality, and receive immediate reports on optimal scheduling efficiency
- Master Schedule Builder – create multiple scheduling option sets to test different scheduling scenarios based on district and school-defined criteria to best optimize student class schedules
- Walk-in Scheduling – counselors simply check and uncheck boxes to fulfill walk-in schedule change requests
- District Demographics – a centralized database houses school information – type, attendance, term and period durations – and staff demographics – staff role, hire/leave dates, and performance reviews.
Synergy is designed to aggregate assessment data from multiple sources – including state and local assessments and the teacher’s gradebook – and flow data effortlessly into its standards-based report card environment to serve as the building block for each student’s future.
Powerful Gradebook and Classroom Management
- Record and Track Grade History – record and track student progress within unlimited grading categories such as assignments, tests, homework, and projects
- Standards-based Report Cards – customized to match the exact look-and-feel of existing board-approved report cards
- Elementary and Secondary Report Cards – replicate approved district report cards regardless of size or complexity with the ability to include a teacher comment bank and information on a student’s conduct and work habits
- Standards-based Assessment – manage district or local assessments, and analyze assessments at the district, school site, grade, classroom, or student level
- Graduation Requirements – define multiple graduation class requirements and provide parents the ability to view a child’s graduation requirements
- Test Performance Analysis - perform detailed analysis on student test performance
- Support for Essential Functions – standards-based reporting, progress reporting, grade weighting, and historical archiving of grades, course histories, achievements, and class rankings
empowers teachers to excel with classroom and gradebook management technology that organizes and guides informed instruction. TeacherVUE integrates seamlessly with Synergy, and in conjunction with the ParentVUE and StudentVUE web portals, engages every stakeholder in the education process to raise student outcomes.
Data-driven Decision Making with LessonVUE Curriculum Management
- Personalized Classroom Management – create unlimited seating charts, access essential student demographic information, enter discipline and incident reports, and take attendance and lunch counts with a picture-based “point-and-click” methodology
- Easy-to-Use Gradebook – traditional or standards-based grading supports multiple scoring types and weighting, and allows teachers to easily categorize students by their need for regular classroom instruction or more intense remediation
- Informed Administration – administrators can view data at the classroom, school or district level to make informed decisions about programs and interventions
- Engage Stakeholders – parents and students are empowered with real-time insight into student performance, school and classroom calendars, and upcoming assignments and tests through the ParentVUE and StudentVUE web portals
- Mobile Access – teachers can create assignments, enter student grades, enter discipline incidents, and take classroom attendance from a supported mobile device
- Gradebook Alerts – monitor the status of defined groups – such as sports teams – and individual students and notify teachers, administrators and counselors if the student’s status changes
The emphasis on data-driven decisions to support differentiated instruction has never been stronger. Edupoint created LessonVUE™
- a completely integrated component of the Synergy TeacherVUE solution – to help streamline the process of instructional management without adding additional burden to teachers. Organize and define curriculum elements with an associated library of instructional resources, and perform a data-driven evaluation of school and district curriculum to determine its true effectiveness.
Collaboration Down to the Parent and Student Level
Through integrated web portals, Synergy allows parents and students to view – in real-time – how students are performing and gain day-to-day insight into the academic experience with data vital to their educational experience. ParentVUE™
web portals provide parents and students access to student information, class schedules, district calendars, and more through any web browser. Free smartphone applications allow access from any iPhone or Android supported mobile device.
- Single sign-on for parents provides access to all of their children’s information, regardless of school
- Receive automatic email notifications if a student scores below a certain grade level on any test, quiz, or assignment
- Self-service updates allow parents to modify demographic, emergency contact, and other user-defined data fields
Integrated Special Education Data Management
Synergy® Special Education
- Submit online course requests with automated prerequisite verification
- Receive notification when assignments are posted
- Store electronic files and assignments online with Digital Lockers
(SE) is a comprehensive special education data management system to help districts meet the unique needs of special education students, as well as address district-level compliance and data management requirements. Fully integrated with the Synergy Student Information System, Synergy SE provides a comprehensive, intuitive, special education documentation and process management solution – beyond merely being an IEP writer – with out-of-the-box flexibility to meet the specific needs of districts.
Continual Evolution for Long-Term Value
Designed by the industry thought-leaders in K-12 SIS technology, Synergy streamlines data management, fosters collaboration and improves decision making for immediate results. By its very design, Synergy delivers continual innovation to meet the demands of today and tomorrow.
Robust Support and Implementation Services
- Web-based – accessible from anywhere at any time (24/7 availability) with just a web browser
- Centralized – a single SQL database provides real-time data across the district, eliminating integration and synchronization issues
- Flexible and Configurable – Synergy modules are highly configurable right out of the box, allowing districts to rename, repurpose or remove existing data fields to match district workflow, as well as add and customize user-defined fields and screens
- Secure – ensures the highest level of data security available, including comprehensive access management, transaction auditing, multiple levels of data access, and allows for LDAP integration
- Dashboard Views – customizable dashboard views provide graphical insight into student data, giving administrators and principals valuable, up-to-the-minute views into enrollment changes, absence counts, and more.
Edupoint’s commitment to customer service
is absolute – we are dedicated to being your partner for life and strive to exceed your needs and expectations each and every day. Our professional and support services teams consist of experienced, customer-centric support staff, quality assurance testers, and trainers that go above and beyond to ensure your success.
Our implementation services
mitigate the risks associated with enterprise software implementations and stress the importance of high-quality and accurate training programs, tailored specifically to meet the needs of each district – regardless of size.
Return to Top of page